It was quiet around my house over the long 4th of July weekend. Too quiet. Jon and Natalie flew to NC to see Nana and Pops. Since I'm well into the third trimester with the twins the doctors recommended I stick close to home and rest. I know they had a great time playing, but I sure missed my people! :)
So, since I don't have fun pictures of our Red+White+Blue fun over the 4th, here is a mish-mash of updates from the past week or two:
| The big girl bed |
| My sweet girl and her sweet puppy |
![]() |
| My incredible little girl |
Not that you can tell from the picture above but on Sunday Natalie got sick. VERY sick. She had a fever that topped out at 104.2. However - she didn't let it slow her down. She carried on throughout the day with minimal complaint. But with a fever that high we were at the doctor's office at 7:30 the next morning. Everything they could visually check looked good (eyes, ears, throat, nose) so they were left with only invasive tests to try and figure out the issue. So poor Natalie had to have blood drawn and a catheter to test for bacterial infections. The miracle part of all of this is she didn't cry, ONCE. I think she was so interested in the process that she wasn't too bothered with the discomfort. The doctor came in and remarked (several times) that Natalie was just incredible. Natalie just looked up and without hesitation told the doctor "I'm a tough girl".
Yes, yes you are!
Here is a picture from Nana, post nap, and you can see a little in her eyes the last of the virus taking its toll. But she was fine by Thursday with no fever and back to her wonderful happy self!
![]() |
| Happy girl at Nana and Pops' House |
The other thing to note about this picture is that she is riding a tricycle. Nana and Pops picked one up just for Natalie to enjoy while they were there to visit over the 4th and I think MANY of her waking hours were spent in that seat. She loved it!
![]() |
| Brittany and the twins. 31 weeks |
You won't see many pictures of just me on here - I have cuter subjects to photograph (see evidence above) but this picture is just too funny to me. I'm doing well and the twins are growing along great. I just look like a bit of a circus act with this huge belly! Hopefully soon I'll be able to post pictures of the twins room. Mom and Dad are coming up next week and bringing curtains, furniture and other decor items for the twins room. None too soon since we have a date scheduled for the C-Section of August 29th!



I just happen to think that you are pretty cute yourself! And by the way I do like to see your picture also. Your post reminded me that I forgot to look for a chest of drawers after your mom called. I'll make Danny go to the old house this evening and see if we have anything up there. Love that tummy pose!
ReplyDeleteI think you look amazing!!!
ReplyDelete