Monday, April 22, 2013

Twin update!

This was a big week for the Klimstra family.  On Thursday Jon and I got to go take a look at the twins and see how they were growing and also find out if we were having (and I am quoting Nana here) Laverne & Shirley, Poncho & Lefty or Bonnie & Clyde.

We got to see quite a bit of our little babies and found out they are both perfectly healthy (as far as they can see on the ultrasound) and right on target for size and weight at this point.  And we are thrilled that we are having 1 boy and 1 girl!  I'll be scanning in the pictures that we got of them both soon and will post those.  But for now here's a picture of me at 19 weeks - growing along and still feeling very good!  



And as is usually the case there is a funny Natalie story to go along with my "growth":  Natalie's best friend at her new school is Ali.  I was fortunate enough to meet Ali's mom the other morning and she mentioned she was very happy to finally meet me and see that I was pregnant.  Because the other day Natalie met Ali and her mom at the door of the daycare and told her "I'm having babies and my belly is getting big!" while lifting up her shirt to show off her little belly.  So it is very clear that Natalie is aware of what's going on and is telling the world in her own little way.

Right after the ultrasound we headed over to the local Honda dealership to "talk to a man about a monster truck".  While I'm not quite ready to move right into the minivan I do accept that all three of these babies won't fit into my beloved Jetta Sportwagon.  So we traded her in and got a brand new Honda Pilot.  It is VERY nice and fits all three car seats in the second row, so we are happy with our decision.  

Later we all went over to a local "wee sale" and picked up several little boy items for our little dude.  Lord knows this little girl will be well dressed thanks to her big sister and cousins Katherine and Delaney, but we felt that this little guy deserved some honest "boy clothes". 

We are starting to stock up and prepare for these little people on their way and are so very, very thankful that they are both healthy and growing along well in there.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear everything is on track and little Natiloo is excited about the twins too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Natalie's twin story (it is almost as good as telling everyone what her daddy does in the corner) :) Also glad to hear that BJ and JJ are growing right along in there. Hurry up and scan those photos in - we want to see them! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and John. One of each is just perfect. Can't wait to see some pictures. I've been going through my inventory of crocheted items to see what I can put together for ya. Maybe I'll have a surprise in store for you when I get to see ya the next time you are here. Take care!

    ReplyDelete