Thursday, September 5, 2013

The first week...

Our discharge day was a bit hectic with non-stop action right up until they wheeled us out to the car.

Mommy admiring her sweet babies just before we left
 
Sweet babies in their "going home outfits". 
Thanks to Aunt Delores for the beautiful sweaters.

We came home from the hospital to a crowd waiting to welcome the twins.  Mamaw and Papaw had been staying with Natalie, Pops and Auntie Erin were in town and on Saturday afternoon Nana and Uncle Ryan flew in from Alaska!  It was quite a scene but definitely a warm welcome for two sweet babies.

Nana had made quilts for Jon Jr. and Rylie as well as a brand new "big girl bed" quilt for Natalie.  They are so beautiful!  I just love the bright colors.
Jon Jr.'s Quilt:  This one is called "Little Mister"
Rylie Emma's Quilt: This one is called "Little Sister"
Mamaw and Papaw had been busy entertaining Natalie and bringing her to and from the hospital every day.  I just loved seeing my sweet girl and having my Mom and Dad so close for this wonderful time.  Mom and Natalie made DELICIOUS peach ice cream on Saturday for everyone to enjoy.  Natalie got the first bowl and she shared it with everyone.

Sharing with Mommy
I'm trying to take it extra easy during my recovery, so we aren't venturing out of the house too much but we did take our first walk as a family - Just up to see our neighbors - and you can see from the picture, its already a bit of a circus! :)

TINY little babies in the stroller!
Jon and I are blessed with such wonderful families to help us with anything we need and Uncle Ryan was the first to stay with us and help out with cooking, cleaning and serving as playmate for Natalie - a tough job but he's up for the challenge ;-)

On Monday Natalie and Uncle Ryan played in the sprinkler while Jon Jr. and Rylie enjoyed the warm sunshine.

They had SO much fun.  I just LOVE this picture!

Rylie enjoying some outside time

Jon Jr. was SOAKING it in!
While I'm out on maternity leave I'm trying to keep up with weekly pictures of Jon Jr. and Rylie.  I did the same for Natalie so here is the first installment :)

Jon Jr. - ONE WEEK OLD
Note the orange tint to his hair... I wonder if it'll stay that way?!?


Rylie Emma - ONE WEEK OLD
Little Sister!


We are so thankful for a blessed first week and good reports from the doctor on Rylie and Jon Jr.'s first visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment