We knew it was coming. Heck we have even had the bed purchased and in the basement for nearly a month. But today was the day. We had enough rain and Jon had enough patience to stay in the house and tackle disassembling the crib, moving it to the (soon to be) twins room and putting together Natalie's "toddler bed". Wow.
 |
| Some assembly required ;) |
 |
| "Like this Daddy!" |
 |
| "Mom, get a hammer and help out!" |
 |
| I think this piece goes riiiiight here :) |
Jon made a big deal of telling Natalie all morning that he really would need her help to put her new bed together, so as you can imagine, she was SO EXCITED about the entire process. Jon's little helper never left her post and that made things a little difficult when Jon couldn't use the proper language to express frustration over the The "Made in China Craftsmanship" of our Target-purchased bed. But he was impressively patient and the bed was together in short order.
 |
| She had to read books in her bed immediately! |
 |
| This was right after she told me: "You can go, Mommy" |
 |
| And I had to OPEN THE DOOR to take this picture. |
Now it was clear that she was very excited about the big girl bed but we had no idea how bed time was going to go. But as I type this she is SOUND ASLEEP after bedtime as usual this evening. Only time will tell how the rest of the night will go.
I did snap a couple more pictures of the just before bed-time for my own memory and then I said goodnight and tried to hold it together as I closed the door.
 |
| After bed-time stories and prayers |
 |
| The whole set up. :) |
 |
| Night Night my big girl! |
What a sweet girl! How did she do overnight? I can't believe that she is already in a big girl bed!!!
ReplyDeleteTime seems to be flying by. I can't hold it together to read this post so I know you didn't having to see that little biscuit in a big girl bed. Tell Nattie her aunt shanny is so proud of her.
ReplyDelete