Monday, December 10, 2012

From the mouth of babes...

I've been doing a bit (more) traveling recently but this time I'm thrilled to say that Jon and Natalie were able to join me for a bit of it.  We were in Milwaukee this past weekend for fun and good food.  I have lots of pictures to share but as I am currently delayed in BWI airport you'll have to be patient with me - and enjoy this one phone picture I have.  Isn't she a sweetie!?!

At dinner with Mommy and Daddy


I also wanted to update the blog on all the funny things Natalie is saying these days...

She can repeat ANYTHING - Cornucopia?  Mistletoe?  She says it all.  But these are some Natalie originals.

She doesn't often say yes or no unless she is saying "yes, ma'am or yes, sir" or "no, thank you".  Most of the time for yes it is "okay" and for no it is "no-kay".  I love it!

She sings all kinds of Christmas carols: "Oh Kiss-Mas Tree", "Deck the Halls" - complete with lots of fa-la-la-las, "Oh, Santa" the veggie tales song about sharing.  I'm just waiting for a full rendition of "Santa Baby" complete with the full Christmas list. :)

She LOVES all the Christmas lights and keeps a very keen eye out for them as we are driving around in the evenings.  She says "eagle eyes, Mommy?" and then points out every Santa, snowman, star, and lit up house along the way.

She's funny about things that sing, dance or are otherwise noisy.  Leslie has a fun, singing lamp post that Katherine LOVES.  She dances every time she hears it.  Natalie won't even look at Lampy on Leslie's blog.  She says "Lampy NO-KAY, Lampy scare".  Even when we aren't talking about it she will remind me that "Lampy scare, Lampy all gone".  We will have to avoid that one when we go to NC for Christmas. ;)

Her exclamations are funny too.  "Holy cow" was an early one, now we have "goodness gacias" - translation: goodness gracious.

She also is SUPER funny about getting what she wants.  She was at daycare and said "Ms. Debbie, you want a banana?", Ms Debbie said "no, Natalie do you want a banana?" to which Natalie responded with an excited "OKAY!" like it was Ms. Debbie's great idea.  This happens with most things when Natalie wants a snack or especially to go outside.  Smart girl.

She loves football and every TV that she sees in restaurants and airports - if there is football on she will exclaim "FOOTBALL, Mommy!" like it is the most exciting thing all day.  The men within earshot always smile at this one.  That's my girl!

Stay tuned for more of Natalie's adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Aww love it! She is seriously adorable... and smart like her mommy!

    ReplyDelete