Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thankful for playrooms and old school lunches

We have a full blown TWO YEAR OLD on our hands up here and its been a bit of a challenge, given the recent cold weather to keep her occupied and well worn out by the end of the day (Jon and I, however have no trouble with the being worn out part).  So this morning when it was 20 degrees when we woke up we had breakfast and retreated to her playroom.  

Here are a few pictures:
A happy girl!

Creating a masterpiece

Such focus

Oh, hey Mommy!

Letting her masterpiece dry on the easel

A larger view of the art area and futon

The bear chair my dad made for Shannon and me

The view of bird feeders from her window


Lots of pictures of family
I was happy to move my office to the basement so that we could dedicate this space to play time.  Its been wonderful for when little friends visit and a great way to keep all the toys out of the living room.

The next group of pictures I'm calling:
 For the LOVE of a PB&J

This is a beloved standby for Jon and me but Natalie hadn't really embraced the concept of a sandwich until recently.  Today we shared a lovely lunch of PB&J, goldfish and milk.  Clearly she enjoyed it!

Mmmmmmmm..... :)

Happy girl!

I love lunch dates with this little girl!

1 comment:

  1. Katherine can't wait to come up and play in Natalie's play room! It looks like so much fun. Love the PBJ photos - I hope to be able to eat a sandwich again some day....

    ReplyDelete