Monday, September 30, 2013

Aunt Shanny Visits!

I'm not really sure where I left off or what else has gone on around here since my last post - getting 1.5 hours of sleep at a time will do funny things to your memory - but the most recent (and FUN) thing that has happened is Aunt Shanny came for a visit.  She was able to spend almost a full week here visiting and we loved having her.  

We weren't so great about pictures but here are the ones that we did get.

We gave the twins their first bath!  Rylie was her typical laid back self, she acted like it was a dip in the hot tub and was relaxed and calm the entire time.

Here's my clean littlest girl


Jon Jr. was his typical red-headed self - he screamed like we were dipping him in battery acid.  :)

He found his fingers for comfort once we got him out to dry off
 Shannon was great fun for all the babies, including Natalie who was treated to a special shopping spree but Jon Jr. was the one who I think enjoyed Shanny the most.   This picture pretty much sums up how the entire week was for Aunt Shanny.  She held Jon Jr. nearly every waking (and napping) moment!  He LOVED it!
Junior's favorite place to nap :)
 Natalie is still proudly carrying her banner as best big sister and just before bed asked if I would put Jon Jr. on the floor next to her so they could lay together.  I think they are going to be great friends!


Shannon also spent a good bit of time trying to catch the fleeing smiles of both babies.  Here's one of Junior!

Such a sweet face!
Sweet Rylie's wide awake face.
 Jon did a little hunting but a lot of baby holding in the evenings.  Here he is with both his wee ones.


We had such fun with Aunt Shanny here and are very much looking forward to Aunt Leslie, Uncle Josh, Katherine and Delaney's visit this Friday.  We will have FIVE babies under the age of THREE under one roof for the weekend.  It's going to be so much fun!


2 comments:

  1. Fun - or anarchy - depending on the perspective. We are really looking forward to the trip and to all of the babies playing together!

    Glad you had a great visit with Aunt Shanny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I was able to come up for the week and spend time with you guys. I miss you all very much and can't wait to see you soon

    ReplyDelete