Jon's love of the outdoors is no secret to anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes with him.
We were discussing lifetime hunting licenses before Natalie was even BORN.
So with the weather a beautiful 80 degrees and breezy on Saturday Jon took the opportunity to take Natalie out on a hike around the lease where he hunts in the Fall.
We talked it up big time and Jon got everything from the diaper bag and snacks to the backpack and sunscreen together. It was hard to tell which one of them was more excited. I snapped the picture below as they were walking out the door:
| Ready to go! |
Well not only did Natalie get her first taste of Maryland wildlife, she also got her first driving lesson:
| Driving Daddy's "monster truck"! |
From the looks of the picture, she took it very seriously!
They hiked into the woods with Natalie in the backpack - this was to keep her out of the tall grasses where the ticks tend to be. I think she was pretty excited about it!
| Just look at those happy faces! |
Once they got into the woods Jon showed her all around and based on the blur of words as soon as she walked back in the door that afternoon, she saw deer, mushrooms, tree stands and she is REALLY going hunting with her Daddy in the Fall. She was so excited. She has told EVERYONE she has seen that "I went hiking with my Daddy!". It was the highlight of the weekend for her - and I think her Daddy enjoyed it too!
A good friend, and wise man told us when Natalie was born that Jon should "date his daughter". Its good advice, for sure, and something I think they are both going to enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment