Monday, May 20, 2013

Thankful. So very, very thankful

I keep things light here on this blog - mainly because its hard not to smile when you are around or talking about Natalie - but we've been absent recently.  Absent from our home, our routine and the center of our family (Jon), and its been tough.  We've adapted, as we usually do, but it has been harder than usual this year.

But this post isn't about how challenging traveling for a month with a toddler can be.  This post is about how very, VERY thankful I am for the support system that always carries us during this time.  The people who give so generously of their time, energy, resources and love to sustain Natalie and me.  This year it was even tougher on them too!  Here it is, my list of blessings and thank yous in no particular order:
Mom and Dad: Who open their home, schedule and hearts to Natalie and me and all of our clutter.  Dad has been Super-Papaw this month taking Natalie on adventures to and fro and generally making sure that I am able to get my work done during the week.  Mom has cooked and lord has she cleaned up after Natalie and I and loved us even when we were both in a "fit".  They never cease to amaze me with their love. 
Leslie (and her family): Did I mention she is currently on maternity leave with her sweet baby Delaney?  Recovering from a c-section and caring for a newborn is no small task in an of itself, but we have enjoyed her home, her cooking and her company more than anyone should impose on a busy, new mom.  She has offered, even before asked, for so many things and I don't know what I'd do without her.
Nana, Pops & Auntie Erin: Natalie and I visited for a brief week with Jon's parents and I ended up traveling most of the week.  Nana was on "Natalie time" and spent the few days entertaining and enjoying Natalie.  She had a great time and it was such a relief to know that my sweet girl was having so much fun with her Daddy's family.  There really is nothing that compares to the love of family.  Nothing.
Extended Family & Friends: This weekend I was overwhlemed with the generosity of my immediate (as usual) and extended family.  My Mom, Dad and Leslie hosted a "sprinkle" for me to celebrate the pending arrival of the twins and it was wonderful.  So much work went into preparing for and changing the plans (darn rain!) for this party and I was amazed at the love and generosity.  I am one blessed woman to have so many people who care for me and my growing family.  The "thank you" cards will never be enough but I hope they realize how very grateful I am for each and every one if them.

Jon (thank GOD) will be home soon and we'll head back to Maryland to resume our "normal" life for the rest of the Summer until the circus comes to town (AKA: the twins arrive in August) but I wanted to put this brief and I am sure, incomplete list of thank-you's out there before something else crowded it out of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment