We are finally back in Maryland! Natalie and I made the drive back on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend (with no traffic, thank GOD!) and we've been anxiously waiting for Jon to arrive ever since.
.JPG) |
| Ice cream at Cracker Barrel on our way home |
Natalie was adorable, spending the first day or so at the house walking around saying "This is
our house!" Like she couldn't believe it. I know she
loved spending time with her Mamaw, Papaw, Nana, Pops and Aunts and cousins but I think she was ready to be home and back in her routine. This morning when I dropped her off at baby school as we were pulling in the driveway she said "This is
my school! Mommy found it! She found it!". As if she thought it had been lost, somehow. Even though I was a bit anxious about her transitioning back to school when I picked her up yesterday the
first words out of her mouth when she saw me at the door was "Hi Mommy, I'm happy!".
 |
| A little outside playtime on Memorial Day |
Natalie talks pretty much non-stop and when she isn't talking she is narrating her day in song. She sings about
everything. Its like she's an old blues singer trapped in a little girl's body. Although she rarely ever gets the blues her songs sound something like... "Putting on my shoes, my purple, fast shoes... brushing my teeth, so they will be so clean." Its hilarious. She also told me this morning that she was "astounded". I'm amazed every day at how aware she is of everything we say and how happy she is about most things.
 |
| Very happy on her way to Baby School |
One last story - and this one is for Jon. She talks about her "sweet Daddy" constantly. She saves food for him, every day on the way home from school she asks if Daddy is home and when he will hold his sweet girl. She wakes up every morning and asks to go see Daddy in his bed. I dearly hope I can get a picture of her face when they are finally reunited. We all miss Jon when he is away, but Natalie is definitely the most outspoken about it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment