Actually they are 5 1/2 weeks old now but it has taken me a while to get this post up... We stay pretty busy. :)
I braved their 1 month doctor visit by myself, because of my own poor planning. Their appointment was at 4:00 and Natalie had to be picked up from daycare by 5:00. Too close for risking it.
Dr. Hill - whom we LOVE - said the babies looked great and boy are they growing!
Jon Jr was born 6 pounds 1 oz. At his 1 month appointment he weighed in at 8 pounds 13 oz!
Rylie was born 5 pounds 3 oz. At her 1 month appointment she weighed 7 pounds 13.5 oz!
Mr. Junior is still a fussy little guy, but he's a loveable little dude and every now and again he will give us the biggest gummy grin. Makes all the shouting a little more bearable. :)
Rylie is SUCH a chill little girl. One good story to support this assertion is that when the nurse gave them their second Hep B shots at the doc visit. Junior was first and I was busy soothing and feeding him to calm him down after his shot so I wasn't able to hold Rylie for hers. The nurse was quick with it and before I could put Junior in his car seat Rylie had already had a little cry and calmed herself down, all own her own. The nurse was AMAZED. I even overheard her telling the doctor how tough our littlest girl was.
Here are a few pictures of the babies. I really need to do a better job of taking pictures and especially videos. Hopefully we'll get some videos up soon.
| Junior on his blanket from Aunt Crystal |
| Rylie on her blanket from Aunt Crystal |
We are getting a few longer stretches of sleep at night and some happier stretches during the day but mostly we are settling in as a family and figuring out how all this works when the inmates outnumber the guards :)
We are planning now to take this circus on the road later this month to NC to see all the family, hopefully the twins are as good in the car as Natalie was as a baby. And we can't wait to see everyone soon!
We CANNOT wait to see you guys! I feel like these babies will be walking before I get to see them - they are growing up so fast! Isn't it fun to see their little personalities come through even at an early age?
ReplyDelete