We had a tough week around the Klimstra house last week. The SHUTDOWN was into its second week and morale was low all around the DC area, but especially in our house. Well the Grab family saved the day by surprising us on Thursday to let us know that they'd be coming up for a quick visit late Friday night for the weekend! We were SO excited!
The Klimstra Crowd of three babies under three was joined by the Grab bunch of two babies under two and that makes a full-blown CIRCUS of FIVE babies under THREE. Madness! Absolutely wonderful chaos!
Natalie and Katherine played SO well together. I don't think they had a single disagreement the entire weekend. Delaney was an absolute DOLL, smiling and entertaining us with her sweet personality. She *nearly* started crawling, it won't be long, in fact maybe she can pull it off when we visit NC next week. Jon Jr. and Rylie were happy to have some extra attention and I was definitely happy to have the help and change to our routine. Jon got to go hunting and we spent the entire weekend visiting, cooking and enjoying the babies. It was SO GREAT to have all the wee ones in the same place. Christmas is going to be SO FUN this year!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
| Natalie telling Jon Jr. and Rylie that Katherine (Kafrine) and Delaney are coming! |
| Yes, her hair is getting ridiculously long. No I'm not going to cut it, ever. |
The girls were VERY busy. Playing in the playroom and spilling its contents out all over the house. We decided to move the party into the bathroom for...
Party Bath!
![]() |
| Natalie, Katherine and Delaney (in the little tub) all together! |
| Getting clean! |
| Sweet Katherine. I just LOVE her curls! |
| This is the SWEETEST child. Oh! Those cheeks! |
Everyone loves Delaney. She honestly makes fans everywhere she goes because she is ALWAYS smiling and so sweet. Well Natalie fell right in line. If Delaney was awake Natalie wanted her in the floor and she was right there with her talking to her and playing. She just couldn't get enough of that sweet girl!
| Talking to Delaney after bath time |
We also spent a lot of time in the twins room changing diapers, feeding babies, pumping, over and over... so here was a picture from my phone. I managed to catch 4 of the 5 babies in the same picture!
The evenings are busy and especially when we are trying to cook dinner and wrangle five little ones. Leslie and I devised a great way to accomplish both...
The evenings are busy and especially when we are trying to cook dinner and wrangle five little ones. Leslie and I devised a great way to accomplish both...
Advanced Parenting: Culinary Baby Wearing!
| I wore Rylie and Leslie wore Jon Jr. while we prepared dinner |
The visit was short but oh, so sweet. I just loved having my sister here and seeing Natalie playing with her cousins. We can't wait to see them all again next week when we are down in NC!
This morning Natalie was missing her playtime with Katherine so after morning feeding, Natalie asked if I would put Jon Jr. in her bed. So they could talk.
Boy, I love that kid!
Boy, I love that kid!
| She told him all about her big girl bed and her toys. And made sure he was all "snuggled up" with her blanket. |


We had SO much fun! Can't wait to continue the party in NC next week :)
ReplyDelete