I could really tell you guys some stuff.
The details aren't important, however while we were battling stomach flu (Jon & Brittany), mastitis (Brittany), a very serious kidney infection (Natalie) and a 3 AM trip to the ER (Natalie), the twins turned into really happy little people. And that is about the funnest news ever! We are all finally on the mend and SO thankful that Natalie is back to
her bright-eyed happy self. I'm happy to report that we are enjoying A LOT of smiles and coos
and interesting conversation around here with the babies.
Here's an update on how the twins are doing at TWO MONTHS OLD!
Jon Jr. is one outgoing little dude. He is very quick with a smile - make that a BIG OPEN MOUTH GRIN and works very hard to talk anytime you are up for a conversation. He seems as if he is going to be a lot like his big sister. His crying jags in the evenings are all but a memory and for the most part he is a much happier dude. Jon and I are SO relieved! :)
At his two month check up with the doc he weighed in at 11 pounds 12.5 oz and 22.5 inches long. He's 70% for weight and 50% for height and 45% for head circumference ;)
Little Rylie - what a beauty. She looks SO much like Natalie (fortunately for her!) and is still very calm and pleasant. She is more reserved than her social butterfly brother and older sister but is still very happy and willing to talk and smile as well. She's a sleeper! Rylie probably sleeps 2-3 hours MORE than Junior in a given day and rarely is the first to wake up during the night.
At her check up Rylie was 10 pounds and 20.75 inches long. She is keeping track with Natalie's proportions at the same age - she's 45% for weight, 25% for height and 70% for head circumference :)
Sleep: Both babies are sleeping great! We get at least 6 hours between feedings at night - so a stretch from 10 PM - 4 AM is normal and last night we got from 9:30 PM - 5:15 AM! I think it is incredible that they are BOTH great sleepers and I am thankful every day.
As I mentioned Natalie was a VERY sick little girl for a week or more. Thank goodness after the third antibiotic she seems to have turned a corner and she is on the mend. Our follow up appointment with her pediatrician was yesterday and afterwards Natalie asked if we could go to Chick-fil-a. I figured she just wanted to play since her appetite has really been low with all the medicines, but boy did she surprise me. She ate most of her chicken, fruit and milk then I offered ice cream (more as something fun to try) and she ate every bite, even the cone! I wished you could have seen her face when she realized that you could EAT THE CONE. It was a revelation! Here are a couple pictures of the occasion:
![]() |
| Natalie's sick day - she wouldn't let me fix her hair... |
I head back to work in a little over a week and I have some SERIOUS emotions to work through about that but the good news is that all THREE of my babies are happy, healthy and doing well. What more could a momma as for!?!












No comments:
Post a Comment