Hello again! I've started back to work and am easing up on my first overnight (THREE NIGHTS to be exact) away from my babies for work. Things here are settling into an exhausting groove, one that we are adjusting to quite well. The twins are both doing well. Eating and sleeping like champs and spending lots of time during the day 'talking', cooing and smiling at whoever might be close by. Its fun times!
Since I started back to work the Monday before Thanksgiving it wasn't really in the cards to travel that week for the holiday, so Nana, Pops and Auntie Erin decided to come up to visit us - and Nana and Pops are staying through my work trip to help Jon with the babies. NO ONE should have to manage three under three all by themselves for that many nights. :)
Natalie was OVER THE MOON excited about having Nana and Pops visit. She LOVES time with them. We spend a lot of time doing crafts, cooking, reading and playing. It is wonderful.
I think everyone is always shocked at how frequently the twins eat and need changing. Everyone always laughs that the only thing they get done during the day here is feeding/holding/burping/changing babies. It's true!
Thanksgiving was wonderful, DELICIOUS. Erin and I cooked and cooked and amazingly EVERYTHING was ready at the same time. But of course the star of the show was the brined 22 pound turkey that Jon smoked. It was ridiculously delicious. If you think that turkey is always dry and tasteless - you NEED to come to our house next year. Jon can definitely change your mind. Here are some pictures of the spread.
| Jon's turkey and the "centerpiece" that Natalie made at school |
| Natalie's pine cone turkey. |
| Turkey, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, stuffing, hashbrown casserole, riesling gravy and HOMEMADE LIGHT ROLLS. (Mamaw Schenk would have been proud at how well those turned out). |
| Jon carving the turkey |
![]() |
| Cheese!! |
![]() |
| One of the many things I am very thankful for! |
This is a picture I attempted to capture of Jon and Junior man both asleep after the meal. Unfortunately Jon woke up just in time to give me this look.... But it was still adorable :)
![]() |
| My guys, resting together |
Coincidentally the twins turned three months old on Thanksgiving day. I am thankful every day for my beautiful family but this year, in the midst of all the madness, it seemed even more overwhelming to me how very blessed I am by these four people (1 big, 3 little) that I get to share this life with.
Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:
Post a Comment